8:00 am - Tuesday - August 11th - LPG&RVR - 68° F, humidity 14%, cloud cover 16%, wind 14 mph out of the west.....partially cloudy skies today with a forecast high of 94° F. On this date in 2021 TLE and I were living in Seal Rock, OR.....
.....watching an amazing sunset.....my phone camera seemed to capture 2 suns setting. Seal Rock is 10 miles south of Newport, OR and 5 miles north of Waldport on US-1.
This is one of those rare days when I sit down to my Microsoft Surface laptop to begin composing another of my daily posts that my mind goes blank, and I can think of nothing interesting, witty, or significant to say about the prior day, in this case, Monday. What sometimes helps me get going is to type one sentence, and hope the ideas begin to take form as I am laying down that sentence. It seems to be working....lol.
Neither TLE, nor I left Site #55 one time Monday. All of our activities were confined to the 100' strip of land which we occupy each summer here at LPG&RVR. A few days ago during our 4 day work week I discovered that someone had dropped off an EZ-UP popup canopy at the dumpsters in the Clubhouse parking log. Usually, when people are getting rid of things such as this canopy it is because they got destroyed during those infrequent micro bursts wind events we experience. And if that is indeed the case they usually put them into the dumpster, not sitting beside the dumpster. After passing by it several times over 2 days I finally picked it up, and took it home intending to later open it up and see if it was salvageable. Monday was that day. Early in the morning before it got hot we decided to open it up and set it up. To our utter amazement it was totally intact; in fact it was brand spanking new! EZ-UPs are considered the Cadillacs of popups canopies and run just under $200 new. As I write this morning we are totally baffled as to why it was discarded, but thankful we are the ones who claimed it. I'm sure we'll find a use for it at the Arizona property this winter.
Once we had taken down the EZ-UP and stowed it inside the trailer I set a sprinkler watering some of TLE's plants, and then retired to the 'lido deck' to read, and nap for as many hours as I could before it got too hot. It was after 3 pm when the fast approaching heat of the day chased me inside. TLE had turned on the front AC a couple of hours earlier, so it was a delightful 73° F inside. Those 44 year old AC's just keep on trucking!
Well, there you go, I put words to screen, and I'm now ready to publish my 5,334th missive....thanks for stopping by!


No comments:
Post a Comment