6:04 am - Sunday - August 23rd - LPG&RVR - 48° F, humidity 28%, cloud cover 18%, wind 13 mph out of the west.....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 90° F. On this date in 2011 TLE and I were in Dallas, TX....
.....at a college reunion....we were so young then!
I was just beginning to compose my latest missive this morning when I ran into a problem with a program on my computer that allows me to connect to my cell phone and retrieve pictures stopped working. I didn't have time to fiddle with it so I decided to wait until after work to figure out what was wrong when I had more time. I was able to fix the issue, so here goes with my post about Saturday.
As is our daily habit when working we were up at 5:30 am to get ready for our 2nd of 4 workdays this 8 day cycle. It did not cool off much overnight, at least not to the degree to which we are accustomed. It didn't get under 70° F until very early morning, so I did not sleep well, and neither did TLE. Nevertheless, the 'show' must proceed. I left the Newell about 7:15 am (about 10 minutes early) to turn on the irrigation for the 10 back in sites, and the 10 tent sites. We haven't done it for a couple of weeks, so it was time. Once I did that and flipped the sign down at the 'Night Office' I returned to pickup TLE and deliver her to the Clubhouse.
As I had on Friday I staged the 5 Club Car electrics, and then the 6 EZ-GO gassers. We ended up renting 14 carts in all. I spent part of the morning moving sprinklers around the 'Night Office' grass, staging more carts, and mowing the parking lot grass, but that was about it. I gave TLE her lunch break at 12 pm, and then washed 9 carts before heaving for home to change clothes and return for the weekly putting contest at 4 pm.
A number of people who signed up for the contest did not show, so I had several 'byes' and didn't hit my first putt until the quarter finals around 5 pm. My lack of taking even a single putt while others putted through several rounds turned out to be a disadvantage. In my first match I was down 2-0 after two holes, and then I began to putt better tying the third hole, and winning the 4th hole, but failed to win the 5th hole so I went from the winners bracket to the losers bracket....
....I putted well in my second round, but lost the 2nd hole to go down 1-0, only to pull even on the next hole at 1-1. I tied the 4th and 5th hole with my opponent, so we went to a one hole putt off to break the tie....one putt, closest to the pin. I made a terrible first putt, and lost the playoff hole....doh. Two rounds and I was out.
TLE made stuffed mushrooms again for dinner....so delicious! We read until around 9 pm and then it was time to hit the sack to rest up for our third day, which I have just now completed. Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment