5:49 am - Friday - August 14th - LPG&RVR - 50° F, humidity 41%, cloud cover 8%, wind 13 mph out of the south by southwest.....partly cloudy skies today with a forecast high of 84° F. On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Yellowstone National Park.....
.....hiking the Cascade Lake Trail.
And back to work we go for another four day stretch. Thankfully, the temperature dropped overnight from 90° F Wednesday, to a more civilized 85° F Thursday. For the first time in a while I wore a sweatshirt to work, and wore it for at least an hour before it warmed up enough to remove it. Wednesday had been a slow day, so there were no leftover carts to wash. I staged 11 carts initially, and we rented 9; another slow day.
The sun is not rising now until 6:10 am, and it is just beginning to climb above the Warner Mountains to the east as I write. Within a couple of days the sun will be setting before 8 pm, so the days are getting shorter and shorter.
Thursday I needed to clear the range balls off the driving range for mowing, but before I did that I did some mowing with the Husqvarna 2 bag mower. In all I mowed both group gazebos, the parking lot grass, a few of the pull throughs, the large grass area next to site #30, and the group firepit grass. By the time I finished, and cleared the grass off the mower deck of the Husqvarna it was 11 am, and time to clear the driving range before TLE's lunch break. I all I harvested just 2/3's of a 5 gallon bucket.
Lunch passed quickly, and suddenly it was 1:30 pm. Instead of the usual blast furnace I had faced the last four day work week I was greeted with balmy winds out of the southwest; what a nice change! I set some sprinklers to run while I washed the returning carts. By 3:30 pm only 5 of the 9 carts had returned, but I headed home anyway for my usual cool shower, and nap before returning to the Clubhouse to give TLE a ride home. Thursday was a nice first day back to work.
As I write the Salon electric heater is running as it was only 55° F inside the Newell this morning. That's the first time we've run the heater in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:
Post a Comment