Monday, August 3, 2026

Slowing down time....is it possible?

 7:55 am - Monday - August 3rd - LPG&RVR - 61° F, humidity 20%, cloud cover 0%, wind 8 mph out of the north....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 92° F.  On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Yellowstone National Park.....



.....doing a 5 mile hike at the Glen Creek trailhead near Swan Lake Flat.  Interesting fact....there are a lot of swans living in Yellowstone National Park....a lot.  We hiked over 100 miles that summer.

It was after 7:30 am when TLE and I finally pried ourselves out of bed to begin the second day of our 4 day weekend.  As soon as I stepped outside I could feel the coolness in the air.  When you can still feel the coolness in the air it means the heat of the day will be 2-3 hours later than it has been the past few days.  By 12:30 pm Saturday it was too hot to be outside, but on Sunday I enjoyed the 'lido deck' until after 2:30 pm before the rising temps chased me back into the cool confines of the air conditional Newell for the balance of the day.

On our days off TLE can spend extended time in the morning watering, and tending to her many plants and flowers....


....of which there are many.....




.....the day passed slowly, just like you want a weekend day to pass.  I think how quickly time seems to pass is more of a state of mind, right?  Now matter how quickly, or slowly you perceive the passage of time there are really still 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, and 7 days in a week.  Sitting on the 'lido deck' enjoying the sights and sounds of the day, and clearing my mind of the yesterday and tomorrow thoughts seems to work for me.  Notice in the pictures above how deep blue the sky is.  Often, on days I work, I don't even notice that.  Oh, and by the way.....no smoke here from any of the fires raging in Oregon and Washington.

The park remains quite empty as I write, but by Friday it will be full again as the annual Rich Hamel Golf Tournament will be kicking off on the 8th.....

....starting tomorrow, Tuesday, the daily high temps will move up to 97° F, then up to 99° F through Sunday when they will begin a slow decline to 89° F by next Wednesday, the 12th, further declining to 85° F by the 17th.  We work Wednesday through Saturday this week when those three 99° F days arrive.  By the time we go back to work on the 12th we'll be out of this heatwave!

Time to get dressed for our weekly shopping foray into Alturas, so have a great Monday wherever you may find yourselves today, and thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment