5:53 am - Monday - August 24th - LPG&RVR - 56° F, humidity 35%, cloud cover 64%, wind 14 mph out of the south....cloudy today with a forecast high of 86° F. On this date in 2020 TLE and I were near Coupeville, WA....
....on Whidbey Island taking an e-bike ride to Greenbank Farms where we had a picnic.
As you know, I had issues with a program on my computer Sunday morning which I use to compose my daily blog, so I didn't publish about Saturday's shenanigans until late Sunday afternoon. I had time after work to fix the issue that I did not have Sunday morning. At any rate, all is now well again in the blogosphere world. I really hate when my stuff doesn't work....lol!
Sunday was a typical laid back Sunday. By 11 am around 12 RVs had departed. Golf began slowly, but by the end of the day we had had our biggest cart rental day in quite a while, which saw 17 of our carts rented. By 3:30 pm only 9 had been returned, so I'll have 8 to wash first thing Monday....a nice problem to have.
In between all of that I set one sprinkler to run most of the day down at the 'Night Office', made several repairs to our drip line system which we use to water trees other than junipers. As you know the junipers are an invasive species, and are water hungry, so in order to keep our non-juniper trees alive we must irrigate them once a week during the summer. That took most of the morning. As I made several runs back to the 'Caddy Shack' for needed replacement parts for the drip lines I continued staging more carts.....two, or three at a time because I was skeptical that we would rent as many as we did.
Soon it was 12 pm, and time to give TLE her 90 minute lunch break during which I answered a couple of phone calls, sold a visor to one of our members, checked in one RV, and sent 3 folks out for 9 holes of golf.
Remember that bush I trimmed a few days ago? Well, the owner's wife decided she really wanted the bush cut down, so Dennis (owner) cut it down himself (thankfully), but asked me to haul away the cuttings to the burn pile. That was a big bush, and it took three large trailer loads to get it all removed. By the time I finished it was almost 3 pm, and I had those 9 carts to wash/stow before quitting time. I managed to park the final cart in the cart shack at exactly 3:30 pm....perfect!
The day time high was forecast to be 90° F, but due to the cloud cover late in the day it only reached 86° F. I'm fully acclimated to the higher temps now, and really don't notice the heat unless it gets well over 90° F now, which is great, but now we're heading back into the lower 80's and high 70's between now and early September. The morning chill is lasting longer, and the sun is not rising until after 6:30 am now.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment