7:27 am - Tuesday - August 25th - LPG&RVR - 63° F, humidity 26%, cloud cover 54%, wind 15 mph out of the south by southwest.....cloudy today with a forecast high of 88° F. On this date in 2022 TLE and I were in Tahoe City, CA.....
....celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary. We had to celebrate early as the hotel we wanted to stay in had no availability on our actual anniversary.
The fourth day of any 4 day work cycle always seems to pass by quickly, and Monday was no exception. I haven't cleared the driving range of range balls on a Monday in quite some time, and usually Mondays see the most range balls harvested, but the range has not been very busy since last Thursday. At any rate, I always allot an hour to clear the range, whether there are a lot of range balls, or just a few like Monday, as it always seems to take an hour to walk the course retrieving the balls. On this particular day I garnered about 2/3's of a five gallon bucket. It's the last thing I do before TLE's lunch break on Mondays and Thursdays, and that hour always seems to pass by quickly.
Initially I staged the five Club Car electrics, but we only rented two early on, and by 10:30 am we had still only rented to of them, so I put the last three away and staged three Yamaha gassers in their place. Why? Well, we don't rent the electrics after 10 am, because if we do they will not all return before I leave work at 3:30 pm, which would mean I would have to return around 4:30 pm to wash, stow, and plug them in to recharge. Ultimately we rented 9 golf carts.
I ran two sprinklers down at the 'Night Office' for much of the day, and to keep busy, mowed the small gazebo grass, the large grass area by site #30, and the group fire pit grass between 10 and 11 am when I headed out to clear the driving range. By 3:30 pm only 3 of the 9 rented carts had returned so Steve will have 6 to wash first thing Tuesday.
Speaking of Tuesday, we are heading up to Klamath Falls for two days to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary. We're celebrating early this year, because our next four day work cycle includes our actual anniversary. We'll be leaving here in about 3 hours to make the two hour drive north to Klamath Falls, where we'll have a view of a lake, just not Lake Tahoe.
Anyway, I headed for home at 3:30 to begin our four day weekend. By the time we finish our next 4 day work cycle we'll have around 4 weeks left in our sojourn here at LPG&RVR. Our last work day will be on my birthday, and within a week after that we'll be heading south to our third winter at The Wilson Wilderness.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment