Friday, August 22, 2014

That's the brakes!

We started off 4th Saturday with TLE doing a DEEEEP cleaning of the coach interior while I concentrated on bringing some order to the mild chaos in the trailer.  When you sit in one place for a long time a lot of stuff comes out of hiding.  Then you throw in the occasional gratuitous purchase of some needful items and suddenly your trailer and/or coach begins to look like a hoarder has taken up residence.  This is the ongoing tension that is part of the nomadic lifestyle.  There is only so much storage space.  Once you reach critical mass (every square centimeter has something in it) you must begin to make hard decisions.....if you are going to buy that new "needful" thing what are you willing to remove from the trailer and/or living space to make room for it?  If you don't make those hard decisions pretty soon you will find yourself driving down the road holding that new needful thing in your lap, or, maybe if you've been particularly sweet that day your spouse/partner will agree to hold it in their lap.  The moral of the story is don't wait until 12 days before your departure date to make those hard decisions!

It took me the better part of the morning, and into the afternoon to get the trailer organized.....I put away my "Workmate" (portable work bench by Black and Decker), the tandem, a few of the camp chairs, and created a pile of items that did not make the cut to remain in the trailer......a beach umbrella, one camp chair, a small car bike rack, and the extra golf bag.....I'm sure there will be a few more items added to the pile Friday, then we'll make a run to a local thrift store and make a donation.  I also unpacked our new awning mat, and the new bedroom heater that I'll install on Friday.

By 1:30 it was beginning to get a little warm in the trailer so I had a meeting with myself and decided it was time to take a break for lunch (left over pizza), and maybe read a little in shade of the patio awning, which is precisely what I did until I got a call from our mechanic (John) over at Higher Ground Autoworx around 4 pm advising he had finished the work on the Beetle, so I hopped on my Badboy and made my way over to pick up the car.  As it turned out the work (new brake pads, rotors, oil change, new oil dip stick and tube) cost about $100 less than I was expecting.  We chatted for about 15 minutes about some more minor stuff that we will take care of next summer when we come back to SLT, and then I was on my way back home.  

I stopped off briefly in the TVC office to pick up a small package containing two "bike tights" I bought on eBay to mount my Intense MTB, and my grandson's MTB.  Previously I used part of my old Yakima bike rack to secure my Intense MTB, but I sold that so hence the need for the bike tights.

Bike tights

Around 6 we had dinner (chicken on a bed of rice with zucchini and broccoli), then headed outside for a fire where we were joined by Deb and Johnny for about an hour.....looking forward to 5th Saturday and getting more "stuff" done.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.