Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Re-positioning for lift off.......

7:55 am - Tuesday - March 12th - Wittmann, AZ - 51º F, 86% humidity, wind 8 mph out of the east....heavy cloud cover today with a forecast high of 56º F.  Rained all night.....still raining as I write this morning.  We roll our wheels in about 6 hours....hopefully it will not be raining then.

Rain was forecast beginning Monday afternoon.  The ground to the west and south of the Newell Barn can get rather spongy when it rains, so we had previously decided to move out to the front of the property in anticipation of our departure Tuesday to avoid possibly getting stuck.  The ground in front of the house, where we were for 10 days, or so, is pretty firm.

Whether we move 250 miles, or 250 feet the preparations are pretty much the same, and it takes about as long.  I started the final preparations for our 250 foot move about 10 am, but instead of rolling up our water hoses, I just drug them to the front of the property.

By noon I had fired up the big DD 6v92, and we were dropping the trailer on the hitch one more time.  Within 10 minutes we had re-positioned the coach to the front of the house, and within another 15 minutes our utilities were reconnected, and we were set for another 24 hours before our departure from Wittmann Tuesday afternoon.

Why are we waiting until Tuesday afternoon to roll our wheels?  There are two main reasons: 1) The rain should abate by then, and 2) we are only driving 75 miles over to All Aboard America in Mesa, AZ where we will overnight in their parking lot so we can get the coach into the service bay by 8:30 am on Wednesday.  We are hoping they can get the brakes relined, and the new bushings installed on the torque rod by the end of the day.  If not, they should be done by Thursday for sure barring any unforeseen circumstances.  Once the repairs are completed we will begin our drive back to SoCal where this almost year long journey began last April.

Once the coach was parked, leveled and connected to utilities again we decided to insert the VW into the trailer while it was still dry, which took just a few minutes.  Within a few hours of re-positioning the coach it began to rain, and that pretty much ended our outdoor activity for the day, which was fine with me as I was ready for a nap.  When you think about it we just spent parts of two days getting ready for, and completing a 250 foot move.......😊

We watched some recorded TV programs for our evening entertainment, and were in bed by 11 pm.....thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate link, and  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to by a tank of diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment