Wednesday, May 26, 2021


 7:44 am - Wednesday - May 26th - Seal Rock, OR - 46° F, 100% humidity, wind 5 mph out of the east.....sunny, kind of day.  Our forecast high today is 58° kind of temp!  On this date in 2013 TLE was directing traffic at Gate 2 of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.....I was taking the picture......↴

I only had two assignments Tuesday....perform the bi-weekly filter cleaning at the WDS plant, and help Terry replace the check valve on the water heater in his Class A motorhome.  Fred and I had  the filters clean, and reinserted in their underground bunkers by 10:30 am, and I was off to Terry's site to help him.

As you may recall, he tore his rotator cuff when he fell through the old, rotting deck at Fairwinds, and using his right shoulder to do any wrenching is definitely out of the question.  As is almost always the case the space under the kitchen sink where the water heater resides is quite limited, and suitable for those small of frame, like children.  Nevertheless, this was a job for an adult.  I made my first attempt to unscrew the check valve using channel locks, but I could not get enough leverage to break it loose.  I moved up to a large crescent wrench, but could still not get a good angle on it.  Next up was my 1/2" drive ratchet with a 1" socket, and a breaker bar attached to the end of the ratchet.....that did the trick, and I was soon installing the replacement check valve.  No plumbing job every goes soon as Terry turned on the water the plastic female fitting which connects to the male end on the check valve began to leak, and I could not get it to stop.  After 3 tries I was ready to hoist the white flag of surrender, when I decided to look at the old check valve to see if there was anything different about it.  There was....what I discovered was a rubber washer which stuck in the male end of the valve....that belonged to the female plastic fitting.  Once that was transferred, the leak stopped!

I was home by 12:30 pm, just in time to visit with TLE before she headed off to her four hour shift (1 pm to 5 pm).  It was cold, and blustery most of the afternoon, but the rain did not return.  TLE was home by 4 pm as the phones were not ringing.  Hopefully it will be sunny Wednesday, and I can get the awnings stowed before we leave for the airport on Friday.

Oh, I did have my audio/visual appointment with my cardiologist, Dr. Mulvihill at 1:30 pm.  My bloodwork was good, and my cholesterol continues to be, as Dr. Mulvihill says, perfect.  I'm good for another six months!

Thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate linkand  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to by a tank of diesel for which we thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment