Thursday, February 23, 2023

The dressing.....

 6:59 am - Thursday - February 23rd - GNHS - 46° F, humidity 64%, wind 10 mph out of the south by southeast......partly cloudy skies today with a forecast high of 56° F.  On this date in 2021 I had just picked up my rebuilt Leece-Neville shaft driven alternator, and was getting to reinstall it.....↴

Following another whirlwind out and back drive to Poway it was nice to sleep in Wednesday.  The wind event to which we returned home on Tuesday was still blowing in the low 20's, and gusting into the 30's Wednesday, plus it was a cold wind, so I attempted to remain inside as much as possible, only venturing outdoors to secure things threatening to blow away if not secured better (that seems like a 'run on sentence').  The wind was out of the southwest the better part of the day, which is really a good wind direction for our encampment, because we have that big tree, and a couple of buildings blocking the worst of it.

Wednesday was also the 48 hour mark since my excision, so around noon time TLE pulled off the rather large dressing applied by Dr. Jou's nurse to reveal a vertical scar and 10 running stitches....not as big as the last one (14 running stitches, plus 5 internal stitches), but big enough......

....TLE will have fun with those in about 8 days.  I was nice to get that big dressing off my arm as it was irritating the daylights out of moi.  Now I've got a much smaller one, and it doesn't bother my skin at all....

The old...:-(

The new.....:-)

.....on a side note, when Dr. Jou began the surgery I advised him I would not be watching, to which he chuckled, and then said "Clarke, I'm a little creeped out when people do want to watch", to which I, in turn,

I did spent about 30 minutes outside cleaning the #8 KRX as it is booked for Thursday afternoon.  I opted to use compressed air to clean it as I didn't want to get wet washing it on a cold, blustery, winter's day.

I neglected to mention that one of our bosses, Bob, arrived here Sunday evening for a few days, and was kind enough to handle two bookings we had on Monday whilst we were in Poway for my surgery.  He'll be flying back to Artic Durango on Thursday.  They are looking at buying a bunch of CanAms for next season as they will be selling all the RZRs and KRXs we have here right now.

We're going to see a lot of temps over the next two weeks down in the 50's again.  In my experience February and March are sometimes the coldest months of the year in SoCal, and it looks like this will be one of those years.  A lot more rain is forecast from northern California down to the L.A. Basin, and we may even get a few drops down here in Imperial County.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.