Saturday, June 24, 2023


 6:16 am - Saturday - June 24th - LPG&RVR - 41° F, humidity 75%, wind 0 mph out o fthe north......partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 76° F.  On this date in 2018 TLE and I were at Jordan Pond (Bar Harbor, ME) having coffee and popovers....cloudy, but beautiful...↴

If I thought Thursday was some kind of record day I was wrong....Friday was a record day.  We sent out 38 golf carts, and 5 of those were out for the second time.  With so many people on the course I needed to put on my 'marshal' hat making numerous rounds of the course to be sure there were no bottlenecks.  There were a coupe of places where players were waiting, but I talked with them, and they were not concerned.  They were just enjoying the view, and the course, and waiting a little bit was no issue.

First thing up was to finish washing the golf balls left over from Thursday, which was 80% of them.  I finally dumped the mostly dry balls back in the 55 gallon trash can around 9 am before heading out to make my initial round of the course.   Upon return I needed to mow the tee boxes for which I am responsible, so I began with the 10th and 11th holes, beginning at the back of hole #11 to mow the grass the larger mowers cannot reach, then worked my way back to the tee boxes at #10, and then mowed the grass on both sides of the cart path which takes one to either the 1st, or 10th tee boxes.  

By the time I finished mowing the grass along the cart path it was time to stage more golf carts, and by 11:30 am every cart in the cart shed had been staged, with most of them already rented.  We had demand at that point, based on the tee time sheet, for 8 more carts than we have on hand, so as carts from the early rounds were being returned I was washing them quickly, and putting them back on the line to be rented a second time.  We managed to just keep ahead of the demand, but it necessitated me working straight through until 1:30 pm before I could give TLE a break.  TLE and I each took just 30 minute lunches, and were back at it again.  

The Café was busy from 8 am until well after 3 pm, its normal closing time.  I worked steadily at washing carts, and putting them away, until after 5 pm, but ended up with only 4 carts still unreturned at 5 pm.  I quit working a little after 5 pm after hitting the 9 hour mark, and practiced putting until TLE was finished counting down her cash drawer (cash and credit card receipts) at 5:30 pm.  We both worked hard at our differing tasks all day.  We're both interested in seeing how busy Saturday will be.  The park is full, and there are zero sites available for those arriving without reservations.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.