Monday, September 4, 2023

Pent up demand.....

6:24 am - Monday - September 4th - LPG&RVR - 50° F, humidity 92%, wind 0 mph out of the southeast......partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 71° F.  On this date in 2015 TLE and I were watching the sunset at the "Phone Booth" at Cape named as it was the only place in the campground you could get cell service......↴

Before I get into the recap of Sunday's shenanigans I need to play catch up a tad. Over the past two summers I've had additional LPG&RVR shirts made in addition to the ones provided by our employers.  Last year I asked one of the employees (Debbie) whose daughter runs a t-shirt business to make 5 white, cotton, short sleeve t-shirts with the LPG&RVR logo on them for the hot times here, and I wore them when temps were in the 90's.  This year I had her make up 4 red, long sleeve, wicking material shirts for when I worked out on the golf course, or was clearing balls from the driving range.  The long sleeves kept the mosquitoes at bay, and provided extra UV protection.  A few weeks ago I had the idea to have her make me 4 more shirts for our job this winter working for Colorado Outback Adventures.  I sent her the logo, which she had digitized, and I just got them a couple of days ago....

....they really came out well.  Anyway, now I have shirts to match my COA hat, and am ready to go.  By the way, I just exchanged texts with Kyle (COA's mechanic) and COA has ordered ten brand new Polaris RZR four seaters to be delivered to Glamis North in October so we will be working with brand new equipment this winter!  They will all have 'Ride Command' and stereo fancy can you get?

After all the rain on Friday and Saturday the golf course was still very wet Sunday morning, but there were still people wanting to go out and play.  I still had a dozen golf carts left over from Saturday, so I was really behind the proverbial 'eight ball' when I arrived at the Cart Return area Sunday morning.  Since we didn't use any of the Club Car electrics Saturday we staged them first, then I got busy washing all ten of the Yamaha gassers, and then staged them.

Around 9 am I made my first round of the golf course, and found all to be in order.  By the time I made it back to the Clubhouse all but 4 of the staged carts remained, so I staged some of the older Club Car gassers.  In all we rented over 25 carts Sunday, in spite of the damp conditions.  I'm sure there was a lot of pent up demand after two days of rain. 

I wasn't able to do any of my normal mowing due to the dampness so I spent time dragging the various cart paths I have adopted.  By the time I finished it was almost 12 pm, and time for TLE's lunch break.   The view toward Eagle Peak was beautiful Sunday morning......

......since I was working TLE's hours I took a one hour lunch break, and returned at 2 pm to begin washing and stowing carts. They dribbled in 2-3 at a time, and by 5:30 pm I had most of the carts washed, but I will still have a few to clean Monday morning.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.