Saturday, December 11, 2021


 7:22 am - Saturday - December 11th - Anza Borrego Desert, CA - 34° F, 43% humidity, wind - CALM.....crystal, clear, blue, cloudless skies today with a forecast high of 64° F.  Got down to 32° F last night, but warming up fast!  On this date in 2010 we were camping at Rancho Jurupa Regional Park.....within 2 months we would be living there fulltime in our Newell (2/1/2011)......↴

......the view this morning at 6:48 am, 34° F.......↴

Friday dawned with steely gray clouds from horizon to horizon, but it was not windy, so I decided to work on a couple of long delayed projects.  Before we left Seal Rock, OR I noticed there was a small hole in the exhaust pipe elbow just below the floor of the driver side engine bay, and just before the actual muffler.  I bought some JB Weld two part putty (good up to 300° F) at Home Depot when we were in Fontana to fix it, but was waiting for the right time (no wind, no rain, no direct sunlight) to do the job.  Friday seemed like the perfect day, so I got out a wire wheel and attached it to my Porter Cable impact driver to clean off the rust around the hole so I could apply the putty.  The putty dries to the touch in about 1 minute, and within an hour you can sand it, or drill it if you are so inclined.  From beginning to end it took less than 30 minutes.

A second job I've been putting off for months, and months is fixing the accent lights attached to the rocker panel of the Newell on both sides.  The salt air did them in while we were in Seal Rock, and I certainly was not going to install some new ones until we left the salt laden environment of SRRVC.  Our current location is about as salt free as they come, and extremely dry.  While we were in Seal Rock I had purchased two rope lights which we wrapped around the trees next to our site at SRRVC.  While they plug into 120 VAC, if you remove the converter box they can be hooked up directly to 12 volt DC.  Due to their design they are much more weather resistant than the old lights I installed, so I decided to install them (temporarily) to see how they looked.  When plugged into 120 VAC you could use a remote to turn them on, and change the colors.  Without the converter box I installed a two way switch to access two of the colors (blue and red).  It took me until well after 1 pm to install the first rope light.  This is what it looks like at night......

....they're kind of long (32' to be exact), and I'll need to figure out how to shorten them to fit the space in between the wheel wells, but I really like the about you?

After finishing the rope light project I took the rest of the day off, and rested.  I'm still shy of feeling 100% after my cold, but I'm not blowing my nose as much, and rarely coughing now.  With the sun setting around 4:30 pm the afternoons are short here, and before I knew it the little hand was on the 4, and the big hand was on the 2.....time to get ready for some sunset photos......

Mr. Moon has reached the 1/2 way point to its 'full' state

....every sunset is different, but you can always bet there will be some action with clouds on the western horizon.

Thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate linkand  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to buy a tank of diesel for which we thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.