Monday, July 23, 2018

The call you don't want to get.......

6:09 am - Monday - July 23rd - Southwest Harbor, ME - 64º F, 100% humidity, wind 8 mph out of the east by southeast........cloudy with a forecast high of 69º F.....really?  It's only going to get 5º hotter than it is right now?  I'm moving a little slowly this morning.....didn't get to sleep until 1:30 am.  I am night manager on Sunday and Monday nights, as you know.  Since we have been here the only time the night manager phone has rung is when one of the owners was calling me, and that was early in the evening, and only twice, so far.  Well, Sunday night about 11:30 pm it rung, and it was a customer in cabin # 304.  I didn't get back to bed until almost 12:40 am, and I am beat!  However, this is my 'Friday' and I can sleep in tomorrow morning.

Sunday was pool day for me which means, of course, I report to work at 7 am, which also means I get off work at 4 pm......if only I could get off at 4 pm and go to work at 8, win, right?  We began the day with a threat of rain by 10 am.......we had a brief rain squall about 11:30 am, but by the time I went back to work it had stopped and it never rained again.  According to the forecast we had a 90% chance of rain most of the day with a total rain accumulation of 3/4 of an inch.....well, not so much......we did get high humidity, however.  According to the weather service, we are in for 5 days of high humidity, but not high temps.....nothing but high 60's and low 70's for the next two weeks.

Nothing much more to report about Sunday....the only thing different was what I wrote about in my opening paragraph.  The call was not about a noise complaint, but I will leave the substance of that call until I publish tomorrow's missive.

On the sports front 'The Open' was on this weekend (The British Open).   This is one of my favorite opens during the golfing season.  As always I was pulling for Tiger Woods to do well, and even win.  He was actually the sole leader for two holes on Sunday on the back 9.  He ended up with a double bogey on the 11th, and a bogey on the 12th taking him from 7 under par to 4 under par, and that essentially took him out of contention.  His playing partner on this day ended up winning at 8 under par, and he (Tiger) finished at 5 under par.  For about 30 minutes it was really exciting to think that Tiger might win another major.

TLE works until 10 pm on Sunday so I am on my own all evening.  I got home a little after 4 pm, changed clothes and just sat down to unwind for a while before taking a long shower.  I spent time watching a large portion of Stage 15 of the Tour de France.  Hard to believe there are only 6 stages left in this years 147th edition of the Tour de France.....time is moving quickly!  

On the yellow jacket sting front, the swelling is mostly gone now, but the itching has begun, and based on the first time I got stung it will last 4-5 days.

I went to bed around 9:15 pm, but woke up about 1/2 hour later realizing I had not turned off the water slide water supply when I closed the pool, so I got dressed and went down to do just that, and since I was there I picked up TLE from work.  I had barely fallen asleep again when the night manager phone rang......

Thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate link, and  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which helps defer the costs of producing this blog each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.