Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pitter Patter, Pitter Patter....

At first I thought it was a bird walking around on the roof at 4:30 in the morning, but within seconds I realized it was starting to rain, and within minutes it was raining hard.  That was a nice way to welcome in Friday.  I don't know when, but the next thing I knew it was after 7, and the rain had stopped, and the sun was blazing in the rear window of the coach.   It's always nice when it rains while you are sleeping, and stops when you get up.....perfect!

Since we started working our half shifts, which end at 10:30pm, we have been staying up after midnight.  As a result TLE has been sleeping in to around 9am, or later.  I usually take at least an hour nap in the afternoon before we go to work, so getting up at 7, or 7:30 works for me.

I spent part of the morning doing "office" work, and then we headed into town to look for a new Euro style chair to take the place of the green folding chair I have been using for  a year.  When we were hauling around our trikes, and TLE's sat in the space where my chair, and the fold down table was it made sense, and was more practical.  We decided now was the time to get something that fit the space, and the style of our coach more.  We looked at a couple of furniture places, but they had no Euro style chairs.  So we went back to Big Lots again, and found exactly what we wanted for $199!

With the table "up"

With the table "down"

I watched TV last night sitting in this wonderful chair/recliner.  Putting my tired feet up on the Ottoman was perfect!  I think we scored a touchdown with this chair, for sure!  However, I, once again, get a little ahead of myself.  The chair came unassembled in a box that fit in our small trunk with a bungee to hold the trunk lid from flopping around while we drove the 1.5 miles home.  We quickly emptied the box of its contents and began the relatively easy assembly of the Euro chair.  By 2pm we were walking down to the roll away trash bin with the empty box, and packing materials, and the chair was assembled.

Around 3 I took an hour nap, and  when I awoke TLE had two fajitas ready for dinner.....and they were very, very good.  We walked down to Amazon around 5pm, met up with two of our Camper Force friends and walked to the "stretching" area.  One thing I have not mentioned is at the beginning of each shift everyone gathers at a central area to go through the recommended stretching exercises, and while we do that we are given instructions for the day.  Before we stretch we each pick up our scanners, install a charged battery, pick up some water bottles from the dispensing machine.  By the way, water and coffee are provided free to all employees, and the coffee is not half bad.

Essentially our half shift consists of "picking" from 5:30 to 8pm when we take our 15 minute break, then we pick again from 8:15 to 10:25.  We can "clock out" from 10:28 to 10:37.  This half shift went the fastest of our shifts this week, and before we knew it TLE and I were walking home cooling off in the cool night air.  We we start our full shifts we will take "lunch" at 10:15 to 10:45, then another 15 minute break around 1:15am, and then finish our shift at 4am.

I spent a couple of hours watching the end of the Nationals v. Cardinals playoff game in which the Cardinals overcame a 6 run deficit to win the game and advance to play the Giants for the right to go to the World Series.  Then we watched NCIS and NCIS L.A. without commercials and got to bed by 1am.....of course we are starting our 3 day weekend, and don't go back to work until 5:30pm on Tuesday! Almost like 4 days off!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. the chair looks really nice. glad you got what you wanted. that style of chair has a huge price range.

    i am enjoying your working stories.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.