Thursday, July 3, 2014

Last day of freedom....

Wednesday had a very early start for me......I cannot remember the last time I got up before 5 am.....oh, wait, yes I can.......early May, 2013 when we were working at the Indy 500.....for 16 days in a row I arose at 4 am because we had to be at work at 6 am each of those 16 consecutive days.  Well, work was not my reason Wednesday.  I haven't bought a bike for a long time to part out on eBay, but I found one up in South Reno for $65.....a killer deal, but I had to be to the guy's house by 8 am to pay for, and pick up the bike.  TLE figured it would take me 90 minutes to get there, but to be sure I departed TVC at 6:15......well, TLE was right.....I covered the 54 miles by 7:45, paid for the bike, loaded it on the bike rack, and was on my way home before 8 am.  TLE should know driving times in this was part of her "territory" when she worked for a food broker for 20 years prior to retirement.  She would fly up to Reno every other week, or so to audit stores.....darn....I could have slept 15 more minutes.....:)

The "K2" Zed 24 MTB

The great thing about this bike is it is the perfect size for my grandson, Elijah, who is coming to visit for a few days, so he will be able to ride the bike with Grandpa while he is here, and then I can part it out of eBay after he leaves!

I was home by 9:15 and ready for a nap.......I had already been up 4.5 hours.  However, there is no way I could take a nap until I had checked the bike over.....while I puttered around camp TLE went to do our holiday shopping.  As it turned out the bike needed a new tube for the rear tire, but the local bike shop is just a few blocks from here.

Since some of our kids will be sleeping on a blowup bed in the trailer I had to take all the bikes out and then mop the trailer floor prior to their arrival Thursday.....that was hot work!  For the next few days the bikes are locked to the fence at the rear of the campsite, an covered against the elements.

After TLE returned from the grocery shopping we walked over to the office to fill out our final paperwork for our jobs, which start on Thursday.  For the next 8 weeks we will be company people, but only for 3 days a week each.....we will still have 4 days a week to frolic to our hearts content.

Stay tuned for news on our first day at work.......of course, we couldn't have picked a "better" day to start, huh?  July 3rd, one of the busiest days this park will see this summer as hundreds of folks check in for the long, long weekend.

We closed out the evening watching "So You Think You Can Dance" (actually I don't think I can dance), and were in bed by 11 will be an early start Thursday.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.