Thursday, March 5, 2015

Back home.....

Eight days is the longest we have been away from our wheeled home since we moved in 4 years ago.  There are many things I missed about our small home while we were absent, most importantly our bed, but, of course, there are many aspects of living in a home on wheels that I miss whenever I am away such as privacy, the sounds of nature just a few feet away, not having to shut the bathroom door when it is in use, the proximity of everything inside the coach, my garage on wheels, being able to spend days at a time with just each other for company.

The one thing I did not 'love' about the last 8 days was all the 'until next time' sessions we went through, especially with my kids, in-laws, and close friends, and Wednesday morning we went through that ritual once again with Tom and Darlene.  On a positive note, we will see them near the end of April when we head back to Yuma for TLE's implant surgery.  We were in the Bug by 10 am and headed northward to our home, and the beautiful Verde Valley.

The drive north on I-17 was completely uneventful, and we arrived at the NFS land off Thousand Trails Road about 12:15.  We decided to reconnoiter the area before we retrieved the coach and found a bloody muddy mess into which there was no way we would be driving 39,000 pounds of steel.  We were barely able to get in and out of there in the very light what to do?

As we drove down the hill to the Thousand Trails storage facility and our awaiting coach we began discussing our various options and essentially settled on moving over to a small RV park in Camp Verde for a few days until the NFS land dries out enough so we can return.  When we got to the coach it was still quite cold outside so I turned on the block heater (we were plugged into 30 amp the entire time we were gone) and began looking up local parks that accepted our Passport America card (50% off).  There was only one locally that accepted it in the month of March, and that was the Krazy K RV Park in Camp Verde.  I called and talked with Marla who agreed to hold a spot until 2 pm.  Their price is normally $36/night, but only $18/night with Passport America for full hookups, plus WiFi.  That's only good for two nights, but this is also a 55 plus RV park, and if you are over 65 their daily rate is $22, so not too bad.

After a sufficient amount of time we turned over the DD 6V92, which roared to life immediately, and then picked up the trailer and headed down to Camp Verde arriving there just before 2 pm.  Krazy K is a small park, but the staff was able to help us maneuver around and get into our site for the next two days without too much difficulty.

We spent the rest of the afternoon getting set up, and mostly unpacking from our 8 day road trip......until I had to put my 'stuff' away I had not really focused on how much 'stuff' I had taken.  On a side note, I am happy to report that with the exception of a few t-shirts, I wore everything else I took with me.

The weather forecast for the next 10 days is for clear, and mostly clear skies and warming temperatures, which is important as we begin to migrate our way northward which we will begin to do in less than two weeks.

We spent some time catching up on shows that recorded while we were gone......since we were able to keep the coach plugged in we left the satellite dish up, and the receiver on to catch all of our usual programs while we were gone.  Apparently the cloud cover never got bad enough to interfere with the recording of any of the programs.

It's good to be back home, and we are looking forward to a few weeks of solitude!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.