Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Q.....Day 3

7:55 am - Mountain Time - Sunday - 48º F, humdity 69%, wind 6 mph out of south southeast......heavy cloud cover once again......forecast high for today is 60º F.  Battery charge at 86% this morning.....had to start the Predator as there will be no sun until late morning.

We......yes I said 'we', woke up at 7:30 am Saturday......the sun was just peaking over the horizon and we had been aware of the ever so gradual increasing light through our window curtains......this is how humans were meant to awake......slowly, with no alarms.  Back in my workaday life I felt I was being assaulted every morning when that alarm sounded.....too much adrenaline at one time!  The sun was out, and by 8 am the batteries were being charge by the 620 watts of solar panels on our roof via our Blue Sky charge controller, and by 2:40 pm they were back to 100% from the 84% to which we awoke.

We've been trying to take walks every day and Saturday morning we chose to walk towards the local hills and climb a path up to what appeared to be ancient mine works.....

 The red arrow shows you were our Newell is

 Very steep trail....over 10% 

The old mine works at the top of the climb

We had plans to meet our friends Charles and Bobbie at the Big Tent around 11 am and take them on their first tour of all the vendors.  Because parking is difficult around the Big Tent Charles dropped off Bobbie, then drove over to our campsite to park his vehicle and walk over with us.  We walked down a couple of the long aisles by 12:30 and decided we should get lunch at one of the food booths before the crowds became too severe.  TLE and I found a vendor selling fry break hot dogs, and bacon wrapped hot dogs while Charles and Bobbie got some pulled pork sandwiches from the BBQ place across the walkway.  We took about 30 minutes to eat our lunch and were back in the tent, then outside the tent checking out all the vendors.  By 2:30 we were all done for the day and headed back to our respective abodes until we reconvened at our campsite for an evening fire about 5 pm.......

.......we sat talking for over two hours watching the stars come out, and soaking up the warmth of the fire......a great evening with no wind, and no rain!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. The sunshine along with no wind or rain made for a perfect day. Then will be nice again by Tuesday.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.