Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The day after.....

 7:53 am - Tuesday - December 27th - GNHS - 55° F, humidity 51% wind 3 mph out of the south by southeast......cloudy today with a forecast high of 68° F.  On this date in 2017 TLE and I hiked the Bright Angel Trail at the Grand Canyon 5 miles down to Indian Garden with our good friend Art Young.....I didn't know it at the time, but I had had a stroke earlier that morning.....↴

Lunch at Indian Gardens

On the way back to the rim

Often TLE and I do not sleep well in strange beds, but we did sleep well in the guest room bed at Sharon and Rod's home.  We were up around 7 am the day after Christmas, and spent a few hours visiting with Sharon and her son Brayden (Rod had to work) before loading the VW with our clothes bags to begin the 2+ hour drive home, which would include stops in La Quinta to do some grocery shopping at the local Stater Brothers (the home of the wonderful pepper bacon), then Trader Joe's, and finally the COSTCO fuel station to top off our tank.  

We arrived at Stater Brothers in a little over an hour.  While TLE was acquiring more produce I headed over to the meat counter to buy a few pounds of the aforemetnioned pepper bacon, and this is what I found.....

.....a brief moment of fear gripped me when I saw there was barely a pound in the tray.  I asked the nice buther man if that was all, to which he replied "no, there is more in the back"....whew!  Disaster averted....lol!

From Staters we headed across Highway 111 to Trader Joe's, and then back east on 111 to Supercuts where I had planned to get a post Christmas haircut, but it would be a 45+ minute wait, and I just wanted to get home as soon as possible, so I forewent a haircut for another week.  

Next stop was the COSTCO fuel station where we took on around 8 gallons of Premium Unleaded at $4.09/gallon.....not too bad.  Once we were back on our way it was around 12:20 pm, and we knew we would be home in about 45 minutes.

There were rentals on Monday, however, we did not have to worry about them as one of our bosses and his girlfriend flew down from Denver Xmas Eve to take over for us from 12/25 to 12/28 to give us a break so we could spend Christmas with our kids.  As we arrived home they were sending out two RZRs for the afternoon.  Knowing we did not have to worry about any rescues, or wash them in the dark was a nice feeling.

We both spent time with Casey and Torrie (boss and girlfriend) going over the COA operation here at GNHS, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing.  We closed out the day after Christmas with an evening fire....a nice way to end a busy weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.