Friday, September 30, 2016

An old friend.....

7:26 am - Friday - 40 F degrees, humidity 65%, wind - calm, clear blue skies, sunny....forecast high today is 68 F degrees.  Slept 9 hours last night for the second night in a row.

Thursday morning I spent time with Guy and Sue helping orient them to owning a Newell.  Since each Newell is unique there is a steep learning curve......things I helped them with included using the inverter.....there are several switches to activate in this '84 Newell for it to supply power to a select number out outlets in the coach.  Mine is a little different in that I only have to turn a dial from generator to inverter to get power at ALL my outlets.  Another issue was where were the thermostats which control the salon and water bay electric turned out they were hidden under a hinged panel over the door.  I showed them how to deploy their ZipDee patio awning....deploying a ZipDee patio awning is anything but intuitive.  We also went over the leveling system, the auxiliary compressor, and the air system......the air system seems to have a big leak as the compressor comes on every 15 minutes.  It reminded me of the process TLE and I went through the first time we went camping in our Newell.....everything was new.....our learning curve went on for close to two years.  At any rate the two hours went quickly, and I think Guy and Sue have a little better understanding of the basics.

As I walked around the outside of the 1984 Newell I began to remember all the things I had worked on for Todd, the former owner......I installed the LED tail lights, and front LED turn signal lights, the crank up Winegard satellite dish, the new front bumper, I helped polish those ALCOA wheels, I helped repair the hinge on the electrical bay door, and probably a few things I have forgotten.  It was like visiting with an old friend for a couple of hours.

Soon it was time for me to go to work.....TLE once again went in at Noon, and I followed at 2 pm.  My first task of the day was to install mini-blinds on two windows in the administrative office at the entrance to the campground.  I love projects like this, and within two hours they were installed and ready to use.  I then did site checks.....we are just under 70 RV sites occupied....we will probably have a few more over the weekend, but I think we've already seen the last weekend with over 100 sites occupied.  Within a few days Section E will be empty except for two sites.....ours and Miguel's (head ranger), and we will be moving shortly thereafter.  Within a few days of that we will begin to winterize E, A and F.

The rest of my 4+ hour shift consisted of pumping propane, mopping out the laundry and lounge rooms, locking up the maintenance yard, running invoices out to customers, updating site tags, and twiddling my thumbs.....:-)  We closed the office/store at 6 pm, and were home before was a little weird to be driving home between 6 and 6:30 and seeing how close to sunset it already was, and how quiet the campground was......TLE and I are getting used to the unusual quiet and, in fact, are really beginning to enjoy it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.