Monday, March 19, 2018

Decompression - Day 2

7:39 am - Monday - Wittmann, AZ - 45º F, 31% humidity, wind 3 mph out of the west.....clear blue skies once again!  Forecast high for today is 72º F!

It takes me a while to break an old habit, and the habit I am trying to break right now is waking up at 5:15 am.  I managed to make it all the way til 6:30 am Sunday morning, but I was awake at 5:30 am......does that count?  I have successfully broken the habit of wearing pajamas in the morning.....I'm now down to a t-shirt and shorts first thing in the morning. I'm still wearing my slippers, however.  We are now down to running one electric heater first thing in the morning instead of 4.....that is a big change!

By 9:30 am we had all the windows open in the Newell....that hasn't happened since last October.  We had planned to set off a 'bug bomb' to kill spiders, and other small insects which tend to accumulate when sitting in one place for months at a time, and we have been idle for 8 of the last 9 months, so it was time.  While the 'bug bomb' did it's duty we drove into Surprise to do some shopping, including the local Goodwill store where TLE found a few things she could not live without.  Then it was across town into Peoria to have lunch at one of our favorite local micro breweries.....Rock Bottom Brewing.  Whenever we are in Wittmann we always have lunch, or dinner there at least once......we arrived there about 11:30 and were quickly seated outside, and within seconds our server was taking our beer order......

.....two Roadrunner Brown Porters, thank you (the 25 oz. for moi, and 20 oz. for TLE)!


Sizzling Stuffed Peppers (roasted poblano peppers stuffed with chicken, chorizo and three cheeses) for moi

The Quesadilla for TLE

We haven't utilized alfresco dinning for months, but Sunday was the day!  We sat there savoring our entrees (we did also order one of their starters.....bacon wrapped, stuffed jalapeños).  It was close to 1 pm before we decided it was time to head across the parking lot to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things before heading for home.

We were back home by 2:30 and airing the 'bug bomb' out of the Newell.  TLE then spent the next 90 minutes thoroughly vacuuming all the spider and bug corpses that remained.....the 'bug bomb' did its job!

While TLE put away the groceries and did the aforementioned vacuuming I spent time in the trailer installing a couple of hooks to hang all of our extension cords.  I had been storing them in our electrical bay with our 50 amp extension cords, but they have become so numerous it has been difficult to find anything in there.....

.....yeah, I know, but you can never have too many extension cords.  I have found that however many extension cords you may have you will always wish you had one more.

While this was going on I was watching the current PGA tour event, and watching Tiger climb the leaderboard.  At one point he was 12 under par, and only one stroke behind the leader....then he bogied the next two holes while the leader went on a birdie binge finishing at 18 under par whilst Tiger faded to 10 under.  The rest of the afternoon and early evening I watched more NCAA March Madness games featuring several amazing upsets, which is what I love about March Madness!  

Well, that was our 'Decompression - Day 2'.....thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate link, and  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which helps defer the costs of producing this blog each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.