Thursday, June 13, 2019

6 to 1

6:34 am - Thursday - June 13th - Ramona, CA - 58° F, 93% humidity, wind 3 mph out of the west by southwest......marine layer (yay!) this morning with a forecast high of 80° F.  So, the heatwave is now officially past tense, and for the next week we should see temps back in the 70's.  I will be going to work at the normal 9 am most days for the near future, which I prefer.....the view this morning.......↴

The marine layer has mercifully returned

I began my work day Wednesday at 6 am, which works out well as it is just getting light about that time.  After checking the water level in the water tower (1,000 gallons down) and turning on one pump for an hour I headed to brush and vacuum the pool.  It got quite breezy last Sunday, which resulted in leaves being blown into the pool......

A lot of leaves on the bottom of the pool was quite a mess.  I planned to be finished with the pool by 8:30 am, but one end of the vacuum hose had developed a crack, which made it difficult to maintain suction while I was vacuuming the pool.  On numerous occasions I had to reestablish suction to continue vacuuming, and lost it so often that it took me until 9:30 am to finish....oh well, right?  By that time it was already getting much warmer.  

 I had been on the job for 3.5 hours and it was time for 'lunch'.  Normally Rich is off work Wednesdays, but as I approached the office area I saw him working on the wiring for our propane station.....he has been trying to get it back into service, and was just about done with the wiring on Tuesday afternoon, so he wanted to get it finished.  We talked about what he was doing for a while, and I let him know about the cracked hose fitting on the vacuum hose.  By the time we finished talking it was going on 10:30 am, and I was hungry.  I took my 30 minute lunch, and was back to organizing the supply building by 11 am with just 2 hours to go in my work day!  By the time 1 pm rolled around I was about 95% done with the reorganization, so the end is in sight for that task.

It only got to 88° F Wednesday, but it was only 86° F when I clocked out for the day.  I bid adieu to TLE who had begun her day at the normal 9 am time, and advised her I would return at 4 pm to return my 2-way radio, and give her a ride home.  I kept my radio as TLE and I were the only ones on duty, and as a result I offered to be on call in case anything happened with which she needed help.

I was glad I was able to start my day at 6 am to avoid the heat of the day, and I look forward to having that option as the summer temperatures continue to rise, but it will take me a while to get used to it.

We had the 'CLOSE' shift Wednesday, and it took us just 15 minutes to make the rounds.  We returned about 9:45 pm, and I decided to read for about 15-20 minutes before going to bed.  Just as I closed my book the power went out in the park....the entire park.  I contacted Rich and found out it was not just us, but a large area around Ramona that was without power.  Apparently SDG&E (San Diego Gas and Electric) had a transformer go out, but advised we should have power by 1:30 am, so I went to bed.  I woke up around 1:20 am and saw the power was on once again......good!

Thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate linkand  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to by a tank of diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment