Saturday, June 8, 2019

Blowin' in the wind.....

6:52 am - Saturday - June 8th - Ramona, CA - 57° F, 88% humidity, wind 1 mph out of the south by southwest......clear, blue skies today with a forecast high of 83° F.....the view this morning......↴

Love seeing that shadow back on the road this morning!

Blowin' in the wind....Bob Dylan

Prior to beginning our work day at 12:30 pm TLE took a 2 mile walk around the park, and took a two mile ride around the park on my Intense 5.5 mountain bike.  That is the furthest I have ridden since my cardiac event.  I can already see an improvement in my breathing.....not getting as 'winded' climbing to the water tower.

I always feel a little out of sync when we go to work at 12:30 pm.....normally we would be at lunch, and have only 3 hours of work left in the day, but on Friday's we are just beginning our work day.  Since Rich opens the park on Fridays I usually just get right to work on whatever project on which I am currently working.  Each month at the end of the first week we change the security gate, and bathroom codes.  Rich asked me to perform this task this month.  Whatever code we assign to the security gate will be the same for the bathrooms to keep it simple for our guest....just one four digit code to remember.  Within 30 minutes I was done and then it was time to retrieve the Stihl hand blower and head back to the storage area entrance where I left off Thursday.  I spent from 1 pm to 4 pm blowing dirt, gravel and leaves off Oak Street down to restroom #2 (across the street from our site).......↴

Cleaned from the storage area entrance to site # 70 (in blue)

......the breeze came up about 3:30 pm....nothing like trying to blow leaves, dirt and gravel in one direction with the wind blowing them in the opposite direction!   

At 4 pm on Fridays TLE and I take our lunch, which is really an early dinner for us.  By the time we get back to the office it is 4:30 pm and almost time for Marnie and Rich to finish their workday.  Instead of heading back up to site #70 to continue cleaning Oak Street, I decided to head back out to the entrance to blow the oak leaves off the entrance road.  I did this about 10 days ago, but oak leaves never stop falling and it was time to do it again.  I finished with that around 5:45 pm.  Rich has been digging a ditch from the propane tank to the new power shutoff switch and had dug up some old conduit and wire in the process.  He asked me to pull the old wire out of the pvc conduits and put in in the recycle bin in the supply building.  That took less than 15 minutes, but when I went to drive the wire down to the supply building I discovered my left rear tire on the golf cart was flat as a pancake!

These golf carts are very low to the ground, and to jack them up you need a floor jack.  We have a bottle jack in the tool shed, but it is too tall to use under such a low slung vehicle, so I picked up the housekeeping golf cart and drove up to Rich's 5th wheel to see if he had a floor jack, and as I suspected, he does.  Once I had the floor jack the rest was easy.  I retrieved a spare tire from the supply shed (we have several), picked up a 3/4" socket from the tool shed, and headed back to my disabled golf cart.  My Porter/Cable impact driver works well to remove lug nuts on golf cart wheels (I used it several times at Tahoe Valley Campground to change gold cart tires).  Within 5 minutes the old wheel was removed, and the spare installed.  In all it took me less than 40 minutes, beginning to end, to get back on the road.

I decided not to do any more work on Oak Street as it was going on 6:15 pm and I did not want to disturb our customers with a loud blower as they sat outside enjoying the evening, so I went up to the Red Barn with some wood screws to fix a few of the Adirondack chairs, which were missing a few screws.  Then down to the pool to straighten up some of the pool furniture, and then to the office.  By this time it was going on 6:45 pm, and I was out of gas.  I spent a lot of time Friday in the sun, and it got up to 85° F.  I got a Dr. Pepper out of the fridge, and sat outside the office on the porch relaxing for about 10 minutes before heading back inside to wait for TLE to finish closing the office so we could go home.

We were home by 7:30......I took a long, hot shower, and then retreated to my recliner to 'veg out' until it was time to close the park at 9:30 pm.  I was in bed by 10 pm, and asleep a couple of minutes later.....thanks for stopping by!

P.S. - The Amazon Affiliate link below is the only one that works correctly for some reason.  I am trying to fix the numerous other links you will find on my blog pages, but for now if you wish to use our affiliate link please use the one below......↴

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate linkand  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to by a tank of diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.