Thursday, March 16, 2023

To COYNE a phrase.....

 7:31 am - Thursday - March 16th - GNHS - 52° F, humidity 85%, wind 2 mph out of the west....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 74° F.  On this date in 2013 TLE and I were in Savannah, GA getting ready to watch the St. Patrick's Day Parade, which is reputed to be the 2nd largest of its kind in the USA.....only second to Boston......↴

I got the official word from Bob (COA partner) Tuesday afternoon to take RZR #2 down to COYNE to have them fix the transmission (no reverse) sometime Wednesday.  When we awoke Wednesday morning it was raining as it had been for most of the night, and continued until about 9 am.  Once we were sure the rain had abated TLE and I drove the COA van down to the storage yard to retrieve the flat bed trailer, then loaded the RZR.  Once that was accomplished we changed clothes, picked up Charles and Phyllis and began the 1 hour drive south to El Centro around 10 am.

The drive was uneventful with us arriving at COYNE a little after 11 am.  Since there was no operable reverse gear in RZR #2 TLE, Charles and Phyllis helped push her off the trailer, then I fired her up and drove her up to the service office.  Once the service writer, Genarro, completed the papework Charles and I headed to the parking area where all the broken UTVs reside until totalled, or repaired to retrieve a few items from the blue KRX, which has been totalled.  Those items included the GPS tablet holder, the jack, the mounting hardware for the jack, the fire extinguisher, and the satellite tracker, so they can be reused in the future.

Everyone agreed we should pay a visit to the local COSTCO, so that is where next we headed.  COSTCO wasn't too busy for a Wednesday, and there was not much we needed to buy, so we were back at the checkout line within 30 minutes.  It was closing in on 1 pm, so we all decided to get 4 of the $1.50 hot dogs they sell (includes drink) and have a quick lunch before heading back to GNHS.

We were home by 2:20 pm, and bid each other adieu until dinner time.  I took a nap, then worked at reinstalling the Newell water pressure regulator, which I had removed to clean the internals the day prior.  By the time I finished it was after 5 pm, and Charles and Phyllis had returned for dinner, which would be prepared by TLE on this evening....Jumbalaya.  She used the 'Cowboy Wok' to prepare it, and we all sat there at the picnic table eating, sipping vino, and talking until after 7:30 pm.

Today, Thursday, we have a relatively busy rental day with all four of our remaining units heading out for tours, so it is time for me to get dressed, and get one of the KRXs ready for service.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.