Tuesday, February 4, 2014

D minus 6 - First Saturday

My friend Tom calls Monday "first Saturday".......according to Tom there are six Saturdays, and one Sunday after you retire.  He has really embraced the idea I posited to him when we were on our summer journey together that "every day feels like Saturday", and I like that.  He has taken that idea a step further.  We will be arriving at his new home in Arizona in about a week, and we are looking forward to visiting with he and Darlene a lot and seeing their new retirement home.  They have been spending a lot of time since they returned from their summer journeys working on the house.....doing a lot of the remodeling themselves.

It actually rained quite hard Sunday night about 10 pm for about 30 minutes.....the most rain we've seen since late November, but still not very much considering California is in the middle of a very severe 4 year drought right.....they would need about 3 weeks of that kind of rain just to get even.

Since it rained I headed out to wipe off the VW first thing after finishing my daily blog entry......the rain had already washed the car, so all I had to do was dry it off.  Of course my neighbors always protest saying all I am doing is guaranteeing it will rain again.....well if that is all it takes to break the drought I am happy to do my meager part.

Next up I continued to straighten up the trailer in anticipation of our departure on Sunday......or maybe even Monday.....we may just leave on Monday instead of Sunday....it's still up in the air......I may have to adjust the countdown, or put it on hold for one day....we'll see.

Around 11:30 I headed out on my a bike ride.....I didn't ride on either Saturday, or Sunday, so it was good to get back on the bike and feel the wind in my face again.  I started out thinking I would just do my normal 12 mile ride through Fairmont Park, around the lake, up to the summit of Mt. Rubidoux, then down the SART.....at about the 9 mile mark I decided I would ride all the way to Van Buren, up to Limonite to get my footlong club at the local Subway shop, then home.....just as I dismounted from the bike at the trailer I noticed I had hit 20 miles right on the mark....no more, no less....EXACTLY.

I arrived home to TLE cleaning the mini-blinds that hang over the sink.....they do get quite grimy from all that goes on in that area......so while she continued cleaning I ate my lunch and then took a nap......watching others work does make me drowsy.

Tuesday will be our last Kiosk day, our last early rising day, and my last day cleaning cabins.....TLE did her part on our two cabins Monday afternoon while she was in the cleaning mood.  I'll do my part during our last shift in the Kiosk.

Nothing else to report about Monday.....thanks for stopping by!


  1. looking forward to seeing you guys too. remember my neighborhood is gated, so i have to LET YOU OUT to leave.....



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.