Friday, December 5, 2014

RNO1 - Day 20 - And then there were 9

If what I am experiencing is true, then this will be the shortest duration cold I have ever cold symptoms have virtually disappeared in just a few short days!  Wednesday night I took a Nyquil night time equivalent and slept like a baby for close to 10 hours.  I did take a nasal decongestant Thursday just before we left for RNO1, and only had to blow my nose once from 4:30 pm to 4:30 am.  I blew my nose when we got home around 5, but have not had to blow it since, and did not take any 'night time' medication when I went to bed at 6:30 am....I still have not blown my nose at this writing.....1:40 pm Friday.  What did I do differently this time you might ask?  As soon as I began experiencing symptoms I began to take Zicam, to which I referred in yesterday's blog.  I have been taking it religiously every 3 hours during the time I was awake since then.  This is just one anecdotal report, but I am now a true believer.   My usual cold experiences have been 'knock down, drag out' ones lasting 2-3 weeks, with a few days spent in bed.  You can take it, or leave it as you will, but there it is for your consideration.

Well, day 20 working at RNO1 is now in the books meaning there are just 9 more work days left.  TLE was banished once again to Blue 3 (Tranship), and I was once again sent to Utah 8TS (2nd floor) where I found conditions dramatically altered since my last visit.  It was like waking up in a parallel universe, or perhaps 'Bizzaro World', where everything is the opposite of what you expect.  Instead running through half the 'Pic Mod' searching in vain for a hole to stow an item I was emptying carts in less than one row.  There were 7, or 8 'pickers' for every 'stower', and there were empty bins everywhere!  If these conditions persist Utah will become my 'Briar Patch'.  In my last hour and fifteen minute stretch I stowed no less than 4 'baker carts'.......yes, I am impressed with!

Just as the other evening, since TLE was working in the Nevada building she took her breaks there, and I took my 10 pm, and 3 am breaks in the Utah break room, but we met at 12:30 am for lunch in the Nevada break room.  Friday was payday again, and it was great to continue to see dollars continue their ingress into our savings account.

The drive to and from Fernley was uneventful, and there was no frost, or ice to deal with on our drive home, for which we are eternally grateful.  Since the day we made our decision to stay in Sparks, while we worked at the Fernley Amazon we were concerned about the potential for bad driving conditions between here and there, but so far the worst has not been realized.  The 10 day forecast calls for chance of snow on Saturday the 13th (a non-work day) and rain on the 11th and 12th, so those days are of concern looking forward.  Let us pray the weather guessers are incorrect.

That's all from the lovely town of Sparks, NV (and I do mean that).......thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment