Wednesday, July 29, 2015

TVC - Day 80

I'm sitting here looking at the title "TVC - Day 80" and thinking about what a wonderful, interesting summer it has been.  I know there have been some bad days thrown into the mix during that 80 days, but every single day I wake up in a forest at 6,300' elevation and am thankful we are here.  My injured left middle finger is healing slowly but surely, and I go several hours in the evening with no bandaid on it.....I always put on one in the morning to protect it as it is still very tender, as one would imagine, but now at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It will be nice when I get to the point when I am not constantly protecting it from further injury.  My vigilance so far has been quite successful....I think I've banged it once, or twice accidentally over the past 4 weeks with no consequences other than it hurt like the dickens for a few minutes.

On the other hand, last Thursday I was cleaning off the front windshield and was stretching to reach a spot high up when I think I must have strained my left shoulder.....I felt kind of a twinge of pain as I reached, but thought nothing of it until later in the day when I could hardly lift my left arm above my waist with a shooting pain.  Over the past week it has improved a lot, but I think I've got another week, or two before I can use it normally again....putting on, and taking off t-shirts has become very interesting.

Our 'Who Is In The Park' list showed 310 sites occupied with 33 departures and an equal number of arrivals Tuesday.  You would think with only 33 departures for me to worry about it would be easy, but for some reason there were three folks who took forever to depart their site.

For a couple of hours I spent time repairing 4 sections of fencing along Melba Drive, but this time down next to the Group area.  It was obvious that these breeches had been used for some time by people to access the campground to walk their dogs, use our restrooms, camp illegally, etc.....well, now they are gone....we'll see how long that lasts.  The other sections I have repaired remain undisturbed so far.

TLE and I both clocked out just after 4 pm and were home relaxing in the cool afternoon breezes by more day and we are off for two days.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.